The Wusthof Performer Paring Knife is a small, versatile knife with a powerful blade and extremely sharp edge. This knife is ideal for thinly slicing smaller ingredients like onions and herbs or for peeling and slicing fruit.
The WÜSTHOF Performer series combines centuries of knife craft expertise with new state-of-the-art manufacturing. Each knife in the series effortlessly glides through food to elevate your cooking experience with performance developed for food fans and professional chefs who expect nothing but the best.
The Performer collection features a unique, highly advanced DLC (Diamond-Like-Carbon) coating which has been applied to the blades - a technique that is used in both the aviation and motorsport industries. The black surface (amorphous carbon) is created by transforming steel using hot carbon and hydrogen gas. This ensures incredible strength and durability. With Performer, the DLC coating almost doubles the surface strength from 58° to 104° HRC without the steel becoming brittle. This not only results in the black blade, but also creates a high level of resistance to scratching and sliding while cutting ingredients. This high-performance technology is complemented by a unique hexagon handle design made of polyamide, with a 15% fibreglass content for a secure and controlled grip while cutting.
- Blades are coated with DLC (Diamond Like Carbon); particles or liquids simply roll of the surface
- Strong resistance to acids and alkalis such as those in lemons and potatoes
- Newly designed Hexagon Power Grip with non-slip honeycomb structure
- Precision-forged from a single blank of high carbon stainless steel
- Oversized Trident logo lasered on the blade
- Crafted in the renowned cutlery centre of the world Solingen, Germany
- Wash by hand only