Miyabi’s latest collection offers the ideal blend of revolutionary technology with centuries of knife-making tradition. Forged from a core of MC66 steel surrounded by 132 layers of stainless steel Damascus, Miyabi Black knives deliver unparalleled performance with a host of chef-friendly features. Distinctive blackened maple handles lend the collection its name, adding an elegant, naturally beautiful touch to any kitchen. Sharpened using the traditional three-step Honbazuke technique, each knife is a hand-honed work of art.
- Expert artistry and groundbreaking technology meet in each handcrafted knife
- Core of advanced MC66 super steel features a Rockwell hardness of 66 for excellent edge strength and retention
- Each blade is hand honed to a blisteringly sharp 9.5° to 12° angle (because blades are sharpened by hand, exact angle may vary slightly)
- The 132 layers of stainless steel Damascus provide added strength and protection as well as beauty
- Proprietary Cryodur ice-hardening process improves the microstructure of the steel for unparalleled cutting performance, corrosion resistance and durability
- Blackened maple handle with black and silver hardware adds elegance, while ensuring a secure, comfortable grip
- 150 skilled artisans work to produce each heirloom-quality knife using the best materials available and requiring up to 151 rigorous production steps
- Crafted in Seki City, Japan, a city with a legendary tradition of bladesmithing dating back to the 13th century
- Hand wash only. Do not put in the dishwasher.