The Wüsthof Classic 6” utility knife features a narrow blade and is used to bridge the gap between a chef’s knife and paring knife. Often, a chef’s knife is simply too big and cumbersome for select slicing tasks, whereas a paring knife with its limited length is too short. The utility knife is excellent for slicing peppers, cutting apples into wedges, slicing cantaloupes, and even carving smaller birds and slices of meat. Although not suited for chopping because of the lack of knuckle clearance, the utility knife will perform most fine slicing tasks remarkably well. Try using it in a draw-slicing motion, keeping the tip on the cutting board while drawing the knife towards you. With its thin, low-drag blade, the food will generally stay on the board after a precise cut from this knife.
WÜSTHOF'S best-selling collection for generations, CLASSIC full-tang knives are precision-forged from a single piece of an exclusive high-carbon stainless steel. CLASSIC knives feature a new handle design made of a highly durable synthetic material – Polyoxymethylene (POM) – which has a tighter molecular structure to resist fading and discoloration.
- New embedded logo in the handle
- Full tang that is triple riveted to the handle for precise control
- Precision Edge Technology (PEtec) yields a blade that is 20% sharper with twice the edge retention.
- Precision-forged from a single blank of high carbon stainless steel
- Comfortable and highly-durable polyoxymethylene (POM) handle with a traditional look and feel, stickered with our red Trident logo
- Full bolster and finger guard