The Wüsthof Classic 4.5” paring knife is a small all-purpose knife of with a plain edge and is ideal for all small cutting tasks in the kitchen. After a chef’s knife, the paring knife is the most important knife in a chef’s toolkit. Best suited for cutting hand-held items, a paring knife can peel an apple, remove the stem from a strawberry, and take the eyes out of a potato without breaking a sweat. The paring knife is also great for mincing garlic on a cutting board. It can even de-vein shrimp with ease. For those with an artistic flair who enjoy fun and interesting fruit and vegetable platters, the paring knife makes a perfect garnishing tool for carving fine and intricate patterns on a variety of foods. Like the chef’s knife, the paring knife is a kitchen essential.
WÜSTHOF'S best-selling collection for generations, CLASSIC full-tang knives are precision-forged from a single piece of an exclusive high-carbon stainless steel. CLASSIC knives feature a new handle design made of a highly durable synthetic material – Polyoxymethylene (POM) – which has a tighter molecular structure to resist fading and discoloration.
- New embedded logo in the handle
- Full tang that is triple riveted to the handle for precise control
- Precision Edge Technology (PEtec) yields a blade that is 20% sharper with twice the edge retention.
- Precision-forged from a single blank of high carbon stainless steel
- Comfortable and highly-durable polyoxymethylene (POM) handle with a traditional look and feel, stickered with our red Trident logo
- Full bolster and finger guard