In all truth, people usually only need one or two knives in their kitchens. In an age when more stuff means better and quality is a foreign concept, this starter set from Wusthof snaps knife buyers back to reality. With these two knives, 99% of all your kitchen cutting tasks are attainable. The chef knife, the workhorse of the kitchen, excels at chopping, dicing, slicing, mincing, julienning, and pretty much everything else under the sun. In a pinch, a sharp chef’s knife can even carve a roast or slice a loaf of fresh-baked bread! The paring knife takes up the slack in smaller jobs: whether it’s peeling an apple, coring a tomato, de-stemming a strawberry, or garnishing a fruit plate, the paring knife’s nimble size and practical shape flows effortlessly from task to task. The fact is, although those 22-piece knife sets may be cheaper and look pretty on the counter, they’ll end up collecting dust and you’ll wonder why you ever got so many. If you’re the kind of person who wants usable value for your money, consider this: The German-made Wüsthof Classic Starter 2-Piece Knife Set will cut better from day one, and carries a lifetime warranty too!
WÜSTHOF'S best-selling collection for generations, CLASSIC full-tang knives are precision-forged from a single piece of an exclusive high-carbon stainless steel. CLASSIC knives feature a new handle design made of a highly durable synthetic material – Polyoxymethylene (POM) – which has a tighter molecular structure to resist fading and discoloration.
- New embedded logo in the handle
- Full tang that is triple riveted to the handle for precise control
- Precision Edge Technology (PEtec) yields a blade that is 20% sharper with twice the edge retention.
- Precision-forged from a single blank of high carbon stainless steel
- Comfortable and highly-durable polyoxymethylene (POM) handle with a traditional look and feel, stickered with our red Trident logo
- Full bolster and finger guard