The Wüsthof Classic Ikon 9” carving knife features a long blade and is used to slice thin cuts of turkey, roast, ham, and other large cooked meats. A carving knife has a sharper edge than a chef’s knife, enabling it to cut thinner and more delicate slices. Its extra length allows it to make long and smooth slicing strokes—rather than having to saw back and forth rapidly – for professional looking slices. The narrow blade helps with maneuverability, especially around the bone in a ham or prime rib. The carving knife can also be used to fillet salmon and other large fish.
With the addition of a Wusthof Classic Straight Meat Fork you are ready to carve like a professional!
CLASSIC IKON knives feature a distinctive, double bolster design for professional-style heft, exceptional balance and beauty. The handle is made of a highly durable synthetic material – Polyoxymethylene (POM) – which has a tighter molecular structure to resist fading and discoloration. The elegant shape of the handle is designed for a comfortable grip.
- Precision-forged from a single blank of high carbon stainless steel
- Full tang that is triple riveted to the handle for precise control
- Precision Edge Technology (PEtec) yields a blade that is 20% sharper with twice the edge retention.
- The half bolster allows for the knife to be honed and sharpened the entire length of the blade and the heel bolster provides added balance
- Contoured handle for comfortable fit and a more contemporary appearance