The Wüsthof Classic Ikon 5" boning knife features a narrow S-shaped blade and is perfect for removing bones from meats and poultry and other tasks requiring a maneuverable blade. Stiff boning knives are best for beef and pork, while flexible ones are better for poultry and fish. Uses include Frenching racks of lamb, trimming silverskin off of tenderloins, and even coring and trimming pineapple. Try this boning knife and see how quick and easy it really is to debone a chicken.
CLASSIC IKON knives feature a distinctive, double bolster design for professional-style heft, exceptional balance and beauty. The handle is made of a highly durable synthetic material – Polyoxymethylene (POM) – which has a tighter molecular structure to resist fading and discoloration. The elegant shape of the handle is designed for a comfortable grip.
- Precision-forged from a single blank of high carbon stainless steel
- Full tang that is triple riveted to the handle for precise control
- Precision Edge Technology (PEtec) yields a blade that is 20% sharper with twice the edge retention.
- The half bolster allows for the knife to be honed and sharpened the entire length of the blade and the heel bolster provides added balance
- Contoured handle for comfortable fit and a more contemporary appearance