Red Fife has been making a comeback in the artisan baking community and is known for its complex taste, non-hybridization, and high gluten content. It is also known to be Canada’s oldest wheat.
We have chosen Red Fife as our All-Purpose replacement flour because it is high in protein but slower gluten development therefore more resilient to overmixing and avoiding dense muffins, cakes and breads.
Our certified organic Red Fife is grown by one of our incredible farmers Marc Loiselle in Vonda, SK. Marc’s farm is multi-generational and has been in operation for 115 years. He and his family are passionate organic farmers and take pride in the quality of their products.
Our top-quality grains are always traceable, organic and nothing is ever added.
100% stone-milled, preserving the nutritional benefits of the whole grain
- Certified organic & 100% natural – no bleach, preservatives, additives, or synthetic vitamins.
- Freshly milled flour goes through screens to remove some of the larger parts of the bran and germ.
- Extraction rate: 80%, keeping most of the oil-rich, protein and vitamin-packed germ and bran intact.
- Milled from certified organic Red Fife grown in Vonda, SK.
- Great source in protein, thiamin (B1), niacin (B3), magnesium, copper, Vit E and iron.
- We like to use this in muffins, cakes, quick breads, pancakes, cookies, and sauces.
- Tailor your hydration when using this flour freshly milled flour can be a little thirsty.
- Optimize freshness by storing our fresh flour in the fridge or freezer.
- Protein content: 12.5%.
- Always traceable to the beautiful farm in which it grew up.